SSI wants to help you make your event more sustainable!
What to do:
1. Download our Zero Waste Event Guide
2. Fill out this form to request compostable materials
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. Where do I drop off compost bags after the event?
Drop off your compost bags by the Environmental Law Society Office in the basement of Hutchins Hall.
Don't forget to email email@example.com afterwards - we need to know how many bags of compost you ended up with!
2. What do I do with extra materials from the event?
Return them to the Graham Sustainability Intitute ASAP! You can bring extras back to the Graham Institute anytime Monday - Friday from 9am - 4:30pm.
3. I know I can find this information in the Zero Waste Event Guide posted above, but just to make sure... which items are compostable?
Compostable items include all organic wastes, including food, napkins, coffee grounds and filters, toothpicks and compostable plastics.
All materials that you receive from SSI through the Zero Waste Event program (plates, cups, utensils, bags) are also compostable.
4. What should I do if I can't tell whether something is compostable or not?
Non-compostable wastes AND items that you aren't sure about must be thrown in the trash. If non-compostable items end up in the compostables collection bins, it degrades the quality of the finished compost, resulting in an unusable product. See the Event Guide (link posted above) for more information.